It's easy, free and can even be fun!
Here are some fun, easy and free tips on how to manage your business's online presence:
- Create a business account profile on all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), but choose one or two upon which you will create content on a regular basis. Carve out 10 minutes a day or 1 hour a week to sit down and post. Think of it as fun downtime (I'm serious)!
- Link some of these accounts (for example, Instagram to Facebook and Facebook to Twitter) so the content you create on one will go out everywhere
- Write content that is short and sweet; pertinent to your current and potential customers; interesting; and establishes you as an expert in your field.
- Get alerts from ContentGems that will send you an aggregate of information that is relevant to your field. You enter the keywords of articles in which you are interested and you will get daily alerts that you can post directly to your Twitter feed (or copy and paste URL and post on Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Google your businessand see what comes up! You should see these at the top, in any order: your website, your business Facebook page, your LinkedIn profile, business Yelp reviews, etc. If you don't see these, that means if potential customers Google you, they will not find you and you need better SEO (Search Engine Optimization)! Social media will help with this tremendously.
- Create a Google Alert for your business, so you know when you are being talked about online and can respond or post to your social media
- Newsletters are a great way to get your content and business expertise out to your contacts and clients and is a great way to stay on your potential clients's radar. Keep people in tune with what you are up to in your business!
- Use content that you have used in your newsletters and post this to your LinkedIn profile as posts. All of you contacts will see this content, there is no algorithm (like in Facebook) to keep your contacts from seeing this content (bonus!) See my LinkedIn posts here.
REMEMBER: Your ultimate goal with Social Media is to drive awareness, generate leads and stay on the radar. When people find you, discover your great service/product and added value, this will lead to loyal customers and more business - complete success on your end!