Let's Connect: Increase Your Reach and Your Free Time
So you’ve done it: you created new content to post to your social media accounts for your loyal followers! As a small business, disseminating your message on social media is vital to attracting and maintaining people who are interested in your particular brand. Now that you have created this content though, the thought of having to individually post it to all of your different accounts seems more like a drag rather than a fun task that you know will benefit you in the long run. Lucky for you, there is an easy way to link your social media accounts so that one post can show up across all of your accounts! Today, we’re going to focus on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, see below!
Connect Your Instagram to Facebook and Twitter
Instagram, the photo-sharing mobile app is a fabulous tool to post visuals about your brand and get other users excited about your small business. Instagram is set up to easily link your Facebook and Twitter accounts! So how do you do it?
- Choose your content and edit it to your liking in the Instagram app
- Press next, which will bring you to where you are prompted to write a caption, add a location, tag friends, etc. At the bottom of that page there will be options to post your picture to Facebook, Twitter, and the other accounts mentioned above.
- Slide whichever ones you want until the bar turns green. At this point, Instagram will prompt you to sign into your Facebook and Twitter to authorize your accounts.
- Once you have signed in, you’re done! Post away and feel content knowing your content will be posted across multiple platforms at once
Connect Your Facebook to Twitter
Now that your Instagram is linked to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, you can link your Facebook to your Twitter account. Upon doing this, all of your content that you post on Facebook will immediately post on Twitter as well. Here's how:
- Log into your Twitter account and go to the Settings page.
- Click App’s Tabs
- Next, press Connect To Facebook
- Here, it will prompt you to sign into your Facebook, once again to authorize you as the user
- After a quick security disclaimer from Twitter, press Okay
- Then, you will be asked to determine your privacy settings. Here is where you decide whether you would like your content to be visible to your friends or the general public
- Press Okay and there you have it!
Connect Your Twitter to Facebook
It is also possible for you to connect your Twitter with your Facebook page so any tweets you post or re-tweet will also show up on Facebook. This is less common but is still a great way to broadcast your message. To do this:
- Log into Twitter and go to Settings
- Go to the Apps page
- Under Facebook, press Connect to Facebook
- At this point you need to grant twitter the right to “manage pages” so that you can link to your Facebook page
- Select whichever Facebook page you want to link and press “allow permission”
- You're connected!
Note: Just as a disclaimer, if you choose to link your Facebook with your Twitter or vice versa, be mindful of where you post your Instagram content! Meaning, if you post an Instagram to Facebook and Twitter, but also have your Facebook and Twitter linked, your Instagram content will post to Twitter more than once.
We hope that this small business social media tip will benefit you in saving time on your social media marketing! If you have any questions, contact email@example.com. We hope to see you soon!
Tag us on your posts and we will post your content to our social media accounts!